If you are looking for a fun family activity that will not break the bank, why not dig into your craft cabinet and do a little kite designing? Make a homemade kite or just a simple kite craft. It is as difficult (or as easy) as you want it to be!
Make a Homemade Kite
Kite Craft Idea
For the Kite Craft, you will need:
1 sheet of stiff paper per person (cardstock works well)
Fishing line, dental floss, string or yarn
Various decorations for the kites:
- Tissue Paper scraps
- Fabric scraps
- Puzzle Pieces
- Magazine pictures
- Just about anything you have on hand!
1) Cut (or have your child cut) out the diamond shape of a kite from the stiff paper.
2) Allow your child to use glue (or glue stick) to attach the decorations of his/her choosing.
3) Punch a hole in the bottom angle of the diamond to attach the kite’s tail.
4) Punch a hole in the top angle of the diamond, tie a string through the hole and attach a paper clip to the other end of the string.
5) Hang the kite from an air conditioner vent or in front of an open window and watch it blow!
Books about kites
For additional KITE related ideas, check out these other posts:
- Add more fun to your summer with 100 family activities for summer time.
- Learn about Kites when you study the letter K is for Kite.
- Check out this list of ways to have fun with kites.
- Create a simple kite printable when you study the letter K.
Unique kites to buy
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.