When I published our homemade powdered laundry detergent recipe, one of our awesome readers- Cindy B. – sent me this recipe for homemade liquid laundry detergent.
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent
4 cups water
1/3 bar Fels Naptha, grated
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Borax
3 gallons water, plus 4 cups
- Mix the grated soap in a saucepan with 4 cups of water. Heat on low until the soap is completely dissolved.
- Add the soap solution to 3 gallons of water in a 5-gallon bucket.
- Stir in the washing soda and Borax. Continue stirring until thickened.
- Cover and allow to rest for 24 hours before using.
TIP: Get a paint-stirring attachment for your drill to make mixing easier.
Don’t miss my other homemade cleaner recipes
Be sure to check out these other great homemade cleaner recipes:
- Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Homemade Dishwashing Powder
- Homemade Fabric Softener
- Homemade Cleaning Products that Work (and some that don’t)
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.