If I were little, I would have to go and pick my own switch from the backyard because I did not do my chores when the clock shot forward for Daylight Savings Time. By associating certain chores with the semi-annual time change, it is easier for me to remember to get them done… at least within a week or so of the change.
Here is what we do:
- Check the fire alarms to make sure they are working. Change the batteries.
- Flip the mattresses in the Fall and Spin/Flip the mattresses in the Spring.
- Change the air filters in the air conditioner/heater. This is supposed to be done every three months but we often forget.
- Check your pantry for expired foods.
- Clean out your dryer duct for any lint that has accumulated.
And here are some new reminders I picked up from the Winn Dixie Spring Forward for Savings booklet:
- Change the baking soda in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Change your water filters.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet disposing of any expired medications.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.