I love hummus but I hate how expensive it is. So, I make it from scratch as often as I can. Friday, I tried a new flavor and it turned out so good, I am sharing the recipe. While red peppers can be very expensive, I found this jar at the Dollar Store. Nice!
Take note that this recipe makes a lot of hummus. I did not measure it but I am guess-timating about four to five cups.
RECIPE: Red Pepper & Garlic Hummus
- 1 16- ounce bag Chickpeas
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 14- ounce jar Sweet Red Peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Olive Oil
- Prepare the chickpeas according to package directions, reserving liquid.
- Place the chickpeas into a food processor, using a slotted spoon. Some liquid is necessary so do not drain.
- Add the garlic, red pepper, and spices to the food processor. Turn the processor on and blend.
- When the hummus seems to stop blending, drizzle a little olive oil over the mixture and blend again. Add more olive oil if needed.
- For the best flavor, refrigerate overnight.
- TIP: If you do not have a large food processor, mix the ingredients from step two and three in a batter bowl and process in batches, adding oil as needed.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.