My children love to cook and this is such a simple recipe when you use a boxed brownie mix. The recipe becomes a great way to talk about the flag or to have a big birthday celebration for America.
Brownie Flag Dessert
- 1 box brownie mix with ingredients to make brownies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped topping thawed
- Blueberries washed and dry
- Strawberries washed, dry, cored and quartered length-wise
- Prepare brownie in 9 x 12 pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Frost brownie.
- Decorate the brownie with blueberries and strawberries to resemble the American Flag. (Please pardon the missing stripe on our flag. The strawberries were too fat.)
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.