How would you like to be able to do your Christmas shopping for absolutely free? It is possible and not just through using rewards programs, although that can help. The key is through social shopping websites.
Typically, when you join a social shopping website (such as Groupon or Mamasource), you can purchase items for at least 50% off, but most of those groups have a bonus feature…
When you refer your friends to these websites and they make their first purchase, you get cash to spend on the deals they offer. The more friends you refer, the more cash you have to spend. Then, when a great deal comes along, you can snatch it up and put it into your Christmas gift closet. for. FREE.
Now, you might have to pay shipping, but honestly… you would be paying shipping later anyway.
How to refer your friends:
- Subscribe to the emails so you will know when the good deals are available.
- Make sure you are signed in to the social buying website before referring your friends.
- Use your individual referral link to share deals with your Facebook account, Twitter account, Google Plus account or blog.
- Tell your friends about the great deals you have gotten in the past.
- Be consistent. When you see a good deal, share it!
- Be real. Don’t share the flaky deals, and there will be some. Hold out for the good ones.
So, here are social shopping websites with which I am familiar and what they pay per referral:
- Groupon ~ Probably the most popular of the social buying genre, they will award you $10 per referral.
- Mamasource (formerly Mamapedia) ~ The items they offer are primarily for children or mothers but I make more money off this website than any other. You will receive $10 per referral.
- Totsy ~ At first, I didn’t like Totsy because it operates a little differently than the average social buying website but now I love it because the items they stock for children and mothers are wonderful and sold at amazing prices. They will give you $15 per referral.
- Zulily ~ A lot like Totsy, they direct their items towards mothers and children but the offers are really lovely! They offer you$15 per referral.
- Plum District ~ I honestly do not spend a lot of time on this website but I have scored some really good discounts here before and hope to again. When you refer a friend, you get $5 when they make their first purchase.
- Living Social ~ A lot like Groupon, they will give you $5 per referral and your friend get $5 towards their first purchase.
- Eversave ~ I probably spend less time on Eversave than anywhere else but they offer a variety of great deals and will give you $10 per referral.
- Buy With Me ~ Deal for the entire family or even your home. You receive $10 when you refer your friends.
- Mom.com ~ One of the newest that I have come across, you will receive $5 per referral.
- Savemore.com ~ Their deals are delightfully different from a lot of the other social shopping websites and I find that refreshing. You will get $10 for each referral.
MORE social shopping websites:
Some important tips:
* With all of these programs, a “referral” is defined as a person you invite, who joins, and then makes a purchase. Some of these programs require that the purchase must be made through your referral link. Others connect your referral by email.
* Some of these social buying websites may not have your city listed. Choose the city closest to you and watch for neighboring, nationwide, or online deals.
Do you know of any social buying websites that I have left out?
Full Disclosure: I used my personal referral links in this post and will receive a referral reward when you sign up and make a purchase. Thanks for visiting my sponsors.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.