I do not fry food… until recently. For the first time ever in my life, I fried french fries. Lira refuses to eat them oven-baked and I wanted to make her a special treat. So, I fried them. Guess what!?! She still didn’t eat them. UGH!
So, I looked at all that oil and thought about our recent conversations about coffee filters…
And I filtered the oil.
Now, here is the thing about filtering oil…
- Filtered oil will go rancid over time. Check it before using it again.
- You should not try to reuse oil that has been used for fish or meat.
- Filter the oil once it has cooled. If in doubt, filter it again.
- Do not mix different types of oils.
- If your oil has been overheated and changed colors, you should not try to save it.
- Store the oil in an air-tight container in a cool, dark place.
Do you reuse cooking oil?
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.