Lately, Bill has been really into salads. That is fine with me because I LOVE salads and they are so easy to prepare. This one is so yummy!
If you wanted to substitute some savory black beans for the chicken, I bet that would be so good too!
Southwestern Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Southwestern Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn prepared
- Salad greens diced cucumber, and tomato
- Â½ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Spicy ranch dressing
- Heat a skillet over medium high and drizzle with olive oil. Coat chicken breast with southwestern seasoning on all sides. Place in skillet. Allow the chicken to brown on both sides.
- Pour the red wine vinegar over the chicken. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and cover. Lower heat and cook about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and dice it. Return the chicken to the skillet and toss in the remaining juices.
- Layer the salad greens, corn, cucumber, tomato, chicken and cheese. Serve with dressing.
- Optional: Top with crushed tortilla chips.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.