So, you can “bake” a casserole in the microwave but what else can you cook? What about chicken? Yes! I’ve cooked an entire chicken in the microwave before. It will not get brown and crispy but it will be nice and juicy.
If you cannot get over the lack of color on the skin, just add paprika to your preferred seasoning rub. Of course, you can always just skip the skin like this recipe…
Microwaved Greek Lemon Chicken
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons oregano plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt plus Â½ teaspoon
- Â½ teaspoon pepper plus Â¼ teaspoon
- 1 lemon juiced (reserve a slice or two for garnish)
- 1 red onion sliced thick
- 1 16 ounce package button mushrooms, sliced
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons oregano, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, Â½ teaspoon pepper, and lemon juice. Place in a zip top plastic bag with chicken and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, turning once.
- Toss the sliced red onion and mushrooms with the remaining seasoning. Place in the bottom of your microwave-safe dish. Place the chicken on top.
- Microwave, covered, for 15 minutes. Check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees in the thickest part. Return to the microwave if needed.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.