The weather is cooling off this week and I am thinking about soup, stew and chili. Unfortunately, my pantry is missing some of the staple ingredients for my favorites. So, I had to get a little creative. It did not hurt that I had some things needing to be used up buried in my freezer.
Topped with cheese, sour cream and a squeeze of lime, the results were superb!
Black Beans & Beef Chili
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked beef I used leftover roast
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 7 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef boullion cube
- Dump all ingredients into the crock pot.
- Cook on low power for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or top with fresh cilantro, cheese, lime juice, and/or sour cream.
This recipe is linked with love at Good Cheap Eats.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.