The time change is tonight! Set your clocks back one hour and enjoy some extra sleep or use that time to do your semi-annual chores.
Here is what we do:
- Check the fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working. Change the batteries.
- Flip the mattresses in the Fall and Spin/Flip the mattresses in the Spring.
- Change the air filters in the air conditioner/heater. This is supposed to be done every three months but we often forget.
- Check your pantry for expired foods.
- Clean out your dryer duct for any lint that has accumulated.
- Change the baking soda in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Change your water filters.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet, disposing of any expired medications.
- Remove debris from guttersand downspots.
And, since it is Fall, add these to your chores list:
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned.
- Check for cracks in doors and windows. Use caulk or insulation stripping to seal any gaps you find.
- Drain your garden hoses and store them away.
Free Download for You ~
Print this checklist, laminate it, and add it to your household folder.
Do you have any seasonal chores that you do when the time changes?
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.