Sometimes, I want a sidedish for our taco salads or enchiliadas. This night, I needed something with a kick and with some vegetables to bring up the vitamin count in our meal. Ever striving for a well-balanced diet even on our limited budget.
I knew that I had a bag of cooked black beans in the freezer and some frozen corn. I also had about a cup of leftover spinach in the refrigerator. Hmmm… turned to Mmmmm!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Spicy Black Beans & Corn
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (or 2 cups frozen)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 cup fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place olive oil in a hot skillet. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, corn and salsa to the skillet. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to medium.
- When the beans begin to soften and the corn is done, add the spinach.
- Cook for two minutes, adjust salt and pepper, and serve.
Linked with love at Add a Pinch.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.