If you have been wondering why everyone else seems to be early lately and you seem to be rediculously late… it might be because there was a time change last weekend. For our family, each change of the clock signals some semi-annual chores.
Here are the chores we do when we set our clocks forward:
- Check the fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working. Change the batteries.
- Flip the mattresses in the Fall and Spin/Flip the mattresses in the Spring.
- Change the air filters in the air conditioner/heater. This is supposed to be done every three months but we often forget.
- Check your pantry for expired foods.
- Clean out your dryer duct for any lint that has accumulated.
- Change the baking soda in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Change your water filters.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet, disposing of any expired medications.
- Remove debris from guttersand downspots.
And, since it is Spring, add these to your chores list:
- Inspect the roof for damage.
- Remove any dead limbs from trees or shrubbery before they bud.
- Defrost the freezer.
- Spread fertilizer and/or insect repellent.
- Have the air conditioner serviced.
Free Printable for You ~
Print this checklist, laminate it, and add it to your household folder.
Do you have any seasonal chores that you do when the time changes?
Linked with love at The Mommy Club.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.