If you are looking for some help with developing your child’s reading skills, here are a few FREE resources that might help.
- While browsing our library’s website, I stumbled into a great list of online resources for fun and educational spots around the internet.
- A new audio story is available every week at StoryNory.
- One of the most popular resources available is Star Fall, which help your child learn to read while having fun.
- If you are looking for some lesson plans for reading, check out www.readworks.org.
- For vocabulary building, try Super Kids.
- To help with lessons on folktales, myths, fairytales and more, visit Long Long Time Ago for a variety of illustrated stories.
- You can find online guided reading, games, and lesson plans at Roy, Tale of a Singing Zebra.
- Don’t forget about the fabulous free resources available at PBS Kids, especially Between the Lions.
- When I need something quick to distract the children, I plan to use this fabulous resource by Barnes & Noble. Stories are read online by actors and authors.
- Need more? There is a huge list at Homeschool Central.
Do you have a favorite free resource for reading not listed here? Please, tell us.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.