I think there is a sacred rule somewhere that states, “If you have peanut butter, you must have chocolate.” Those are my favorite two flavors together. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
So, I am standing in the kitchen making the Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats from the Kellogg’s recipe and I think to myself, “I must not break the sacred rule!” In a flash, I grad a couple of cubes of chocolate candy melts and zip-zap-melt them in the microwave.
Angels are singing at this point… or maybe it was just the phone ringing… but my children thought I was brilliant.
No one tell them otherwise.
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg'sÂ® Rice KrispiesÂ® cereal
- Chocolate candy coating to drizzle
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add the cereal and stir well.
- Press mixture into a 9x13 baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 cup of chocolate candy coating.
- When cool, cut treats into squares and drizzle with melted chocolate.Allow to rest or refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
Linked with love at Add a Pinch and Skip to My Lou.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.