My time at the Titus 2:1 Conference was amazing. While it is hard to boil everything I learned down to one blog post, here are the top ten things buzzing in my brain today ~
1. The Washington Dulles airport is a giant maze and I am a tiny mouse. If you have been there, you know what I mean.
2. Avatars can talk. Well, not exactly, but the first day at conference, I truly felt like these profile pictures I had looked at for the last couple of years had come to life and were speaking to me. It was a very strange sensation.
3. You do not have to know someone to KNOW someone. I had known quite a few of these ladies online but never met them face to face until this weekend. How blessed I was to discover that they are exactly as they say they are. It was like hugging a sister.
4. I am not an oddball. Okay… so maybe I am an oddball but there are other oddballs out there just like me. I often feel like an outsider here in the heat and humidity because there is no one like me (that does what I do ~ blogging, homeschooling, believing, hoping) within hundreds of miles. Now, I know that there are other unicorns and they are beautiful.
5. Rachel loves Philippians and desperately wants an iPhone. Bless her sweet heart.
6. My husband makes the best coffee in the world. I never have to make my own coffee. My adorable husband brings me a cup each morning. So, when I had to make my own cup… well… let’s just say I added too much sugar and had a mug full of syrup.
7. Homeless people need to be loved in every city. I am praying for my new friend, Maria, and those who need to have softened hearts.
8. Planes are unbelievably scary when the power goes out… even when they are on the ground.
9. Next year, take your GOOD camera. I was afraid of going through airport security with my Canon DSLR and took my small, not so great… turned out to be TERRIBLE… camera. My pictures are so sad. If you got pictures of me, please let me know. Thanks!
10. God heard me and answered me. My head was full of voices that were not from God and I think some of the ladies who spoke must have read my post because the first two messages were just for me. I am beloved.
My thanks to…
- my mystery sponsor who paid for my ticket. God bless you.
- Jamerrill, who kindly let me share her room. I love your sweet spirit.
- the wonderful sponsors who made the 2:1 Conference possible: Bright Ideas Press, WriteShop, Apologia, Classical Conversations, HSLDA, HEAV, Home Educating Family, The Homeschool Lounge, Grapevine Studies, All About Learning, and New Blog Hosting.
- and, to Cheryl Pitt for her amazing vision to make it happen.
Linked with love at Many Little Blessings.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.