I stood staring into the pantry. Despite my menu plan, I had no idea what to cook. I just didn’t feel like cooking but I knew that eating out was not an option. So, I guess you could say that this recipe was born out of desperation.
Please note that you can adjust the heat of this recipe by changing the amount of Cajun seasoning blend. I prefer to use Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning.
RECIPE: Sausage Jambalaya Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 16 ounces box tubular pasta, like penne
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the celery, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and sausage. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and 1 cup of water. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning based on your personal preference.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Mix in the pasta. Cover and lower heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes until the pasta is al dente. Add additional water as needed.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.