My husband loves tomato gravy and I kind of like it too… except for when I was pregnant with our third and fourth child. Just a picture of tomato-anything would make me sick. I guess that is one of the good things about passing into a new season of motherhood. I can make tomato gravy without feeling like I needed to crawl under the table.
The best part about this dish is how simple it is, but you will never be able to tell from the flavor. These pork chops are rich and tangy. Perfect over rice or mashed potatoes. Even the kids like them. Of course, I tell them that I cooked the pork chops in ketchup, but that isn’t too far from the truth.
Oh, and just for the record, I do not count olive oil, salt, or pepper as ingredients since I use that in every recipe.
Pork Chops in Tomato Gravy
- 8 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Salt and pepper pork chops on both sides.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Brown on both sides until almost cooked through. Remove but keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet and whisk in flour. Add the tomato sauce. Rinse the can with a little water and add the water to the skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, place the pork chops back into the skillet. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the pork chops are completely cooked.
Look at all these beautiful faces! Be sure to check out all of the 5 Days of… bloggers.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.