As we are nearing the end of July and the pantry challenge I have been putting us through, the ingredients in my pantry and freezer are getting a little sparse. So, after a tour of my food stuffs and a little thought, I created this simple yet filling recipe.
Putting this dish together could not be easier and you do not need a lot of ingredients.
I used a bag of cheese filled tortellini, a cup of frozen peas, 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, five slices of bacon, a clove of garlic, and a poor little tomato that was just about to be compost.
This recipe comes together quickly too.
While waiting for the water for the tortellini to come to a boil, I had the bacon cooking in my grill pan. I melted the butter in a large skillet and allowed it to rest, swirling it around every once in a while until the butter turned brown and smelled nutty. From that point, you are really just tossing things into the pan and dinner is served.
RECIPE: Brown Butter, Peas & Bacon Tortellini
- 1 package cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions in salted water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl in the pan occasionally to ensure that the butter browns evenly. When the butter is brown and smells nutty, stir in pressed garlic.
- Add the peas and tomato to the skillet with 1 ladle of pasta water and heat through.
- Scoop the tortellini into the skillet. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese and toss with the sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.