This is probably the simplest way to roast a chicken and you are probably going to laugh at me for even posting this recipe, but… Just in case someone has never roasted a whole chicken in the crock pot (also called a slow cooker), this recipe will help.
While this recipe calls for my “go-to” poultry seasonings, here are some other variations to try:
- Stuff the chicken with lemon peels. Rub the chicken with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place garlic under the skin of the chicken, coat with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add two teaspoons of sesame oil to your olive oil before coating the chicken. Then, rub with garlic, a little ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Pour a bottle of Italian dressing over and inside the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with lemon peel, orange peel, and cilantro. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
How do you season your chicken?
RECIPE: Crock Pot Roasted Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken about 5 pounds
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash the chicken (inside and out), removing the giblets, and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, tucking the wings under the bird.
- Drizzle with olive oil and baste with a pastry brush until coated.
- Sprinkle heavily with seasonings.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees when placed into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching fat or bone.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.