You can tell from the picture that I never intended to blog this recipe. My plate is quite a mess but I wanted to remember this and since I rarely cook the same thing twice, I use my camera to log recipes.
One bite… Bill looked at me the THAT look. Not THAT one… but the one that says he is so glad that he married me and would do it all over again.
So, here we are… and this is how I made Chicken Parmesan in the crock pot.
- 1 (family-size) package chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with a little milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Additional Parmesan or mozzarella, as desired for garnish
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper together.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet until it shimmers.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dredge chicken in flour and then dip in egg mixture. Coat in bread crumb mixture. Gently add to the hot oil.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and then place the pieces in the crock pot.
- Mix together the tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve the chicken over hot noodles with the sauce and additional cheese if desired.