I am embarrassed to admit that the Paper John’s Rewards Program and I are great friends. As a matter of fact, the pizza delivery driver knows his way to our home blindfolded. No, not really. But, we did have to give him an extra tip at Christmas because we felt like he deserved a present.
For the Eat Out at Home Challenge, I needed to find a way to make pizza night special, but I wanted to take it up a notch. I allowed the children to make their own pizzas, topping them in traditional ways.
For Bill and me, we had pizza with a Mediterranean flavor… to die for!
Homemade pizza is actually quite fun because you can play around with different combinations until you find something new and amazing. Something you would never be able to order at a restaurant.
- Pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 pound grilled chicken
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- Prepare the pizza dough and press into a circle. Brush with olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle with pepper and oregano. Place in a 450 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until dough begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and top with chicken and vegetables. Then, sprinkle with feta.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and the cheese has melted.