Whether you need a special gift for Valentine’s Day or just a quick treat for yourself, this Salted Caramel Pecan Bark is a simple snack to give or keep.
One word of caution if you want to cut the chocolate into hearts, use a metal cookie cutter and a rubber mallet because pressing with your hand can hurt and without a clean break, the chocolate will crumble.
RECIPE: Salted Caramel Pecan Bark
- 1 package chocolate bark
- 1 package wrapped caramel candies unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- 1 cup pecan halves lightly roasted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Melt chocolate bark according to package directions.
- Melt caramel and oil or shortening according to package directions, stirring together well. The caramel will harden quickly so be prepared to move fast.
- Pour chocolate on waxed paper and immediately drizzle with caramel. If the caramel gets tough, you can try microwaving it again or just pour and press it into the chocolate.
- Press pecans into the bark and sprinkle everything with salt.
- Allow the bark to harden completely before breaking into pieces.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.