When I was contacted by some lovely ladies to review Ronco Hidden Veggie Pasta, I had to snatch it up. My children are picky eaters, although they do eat more than most. One of the things they will eat pretty regularly is pasta. The idea of sneaking a serving of vegetables into their bodies without them knowing it… well, that was just genius.
All of the children loved it. They gobbled it down and asked for seconds. No one, even Bill, had any idea that this pasta was made with corn, carrots, and squash. Semolina is still the main ingredient and the pasta also includes niacin, ferrou sulfate (iron), thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid.
A serving is considered 2 ounces and contains 1 gram of fat and 200 calories. However, it takes two servings in order to get a full serving of vegetables.
Ariary did not have a problem with that. She kept asking for more. As a matter of fact, all of the children kept asking for more which NEVER happens with any pasta in our house.
Where to Buy Ronco Hidden Veggie Pasta
Swing by the Ronco Pasta Facebook Page and give them a LIKE to get a $0.55 off ONE box of Ronco Hidden Veggie Pasta.
Find Ronco Hidden Veggie Pasta near you using their store locator.
How to Win a Year Supply of Pasta*
Enter for your chance to win a year supply of Hidden Veggie Pasta from Ronco by using the Rafflecopter widget below.
*Year supply of pasta consists of 24 coupons for 1 free package of Ronco Hidden Veggie up to $1.79 maximum retail value. Readers most likely to find Hidden Veggie on their grocery shelves reside in the following cities and surrounding areas: Memphis, Birmingham, Little Rock, Mobile and Nashville.
Review Disclosure: This is a paid conversation on behalf of Ronco Pasta. I was provided with the Ronco Hidden Veggie Pasta and additional compensation was received. However, all opinions expressed are 100% my own and a favorable review was not required.
Giveaway Disclosure: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This contest ends of April 4th and the winner will be selected on April 5th. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the congratulatory email before another winner will be selected. The prize (24 coupons) will be mailed from Ronco Pasta. Facebook is in no way affiliated with this giveaway and the act of LIKE-ing a Facebook page is not required to win.
- 12 ounce box Ronco Hidden Veggie Twisted Elbows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and whisk in the flour and salt.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Stir in mustard.
- Whisk constantly until the sauce has thickened. (You will know it is ready when the sauce coats the back of a spoon and you can run your finger across the spoon but the sauce remains where your finger did not touch.)
- Stir in cheese until melted and remove the pot from heat.
- Drain the pasta and return to stock pot. Gently stir in the cheese sauce. Place over medium to medium-low heat until the pasta has reached your preferred consistency.