If you are looking for a hearty solution to any dinner or something different to serve to a crowd for breakfast, try this Vegetable and Sausage Skillet. This recipe is so simple, starting on the stove top but finishing in the oven to allow you time to do something else.
It’s easy to serve in elegant wedges… or just grab a spoon and serve it family-style.
Not only is this recipe gluten free, but it is easily adaptable so you can make it work with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Vegetable and Sausage Skillet
- 1 pound bulk sausage browned
- 2 tablespoons butter optional
- 1 package natural refrigerated hashbrown potatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 2 cups spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 to mato seeded and diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage and set aside on paper towels to drain. Carefully wipe excess grease from skillet. (Add butter if desired.)
- Add onions, mushrooms, and hashbrowns to the skillet and cook over medium high heat until onion softens.
- Stir in spinach, tomato, and sausage. Salt and pepper to your desired preference. (I use about 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.) Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Season as desired.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet, allowing to mix and sink.
- Place in oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Test the center with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, the skillet is ready.
- Top with cheddar and tent to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve in wedges or just scoop with a serving spoon.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.