When my southern roots start to itch, I know that it is time to cook a little soul food, but sometimes I want to try something different. Out of this mixed bag of emotions… and ingredients… was born these Brown Sugar Pork Chops.
Although I did not put apples in the crock pot with these pork chops, I think that would be a wonderful addition and will probably try it next time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 family pack pork chops (or pork loin chops)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- Pour oil in the crock pot and turn to coat the bottom. Place pork chops over oil.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, except for bacon, and pour over the pork chops.
- Top with bacon strips and cover with the lid. Cook 6 to 8 hours on low heat.