When cooking in the crock pot, getting a crunchy crust is impossible… until now.
This recipe for Cheesy Crunchy Onion Chicken combines the convenience of using the slow cooker with a little help from the toaster oven for a wholesome family favorite without heating up your kitchen.
By using chicken thighs, you not only get added flavor but this recipe becomes extremely cost effective. However, you could use any cut of chicken, including boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Cheesy Crunchy Onion Chicken
- 1 family pack chicken thighs rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- Place onions in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour chicken broth over onions.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place over the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the chicken is done, sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, toast the fried onions in the toaster oven. Sprinkle over chicken and serve.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.