Once upon a time there was a girl who was loved by her family very much. Every year, she dreamed of owning a beautiful mansion for her dolls, complete with an elevator and working lights. Unfortunately, her parents were not in a financial position to provide such an elaborate gift…
Now, I am all grown up and not damaged in the least, but very blessed to have four dreamy-eyed children of my own.
I often feel like a fairy godmother since I have the ability to grant their wishes because of a little hard works and the gifts from amazing sponsors like KidKraft.
About the KidKraft Sparkle Mansion Dollhouse
This dollhouse is truly the stuff dreams are made of:
- Recommended for ages 3 through 15
- Over 4 feet tall, 4 feet wide, and 55 pounds
- Not just for Barbie (as you can see in our pictures)
- Moving parts (elevator and doors)
- Lots of accessories (30 pieces)
- Furniture with lights and sound (standing lamp and keyboard)
- Easy to assemble
- Bright and happy
Take the tour…
A video is embeded.
What we love about the KidKraft Sparkle Mansion Dollhouse
I know that some of you are looking at these pictures and thinking, “Seriously? What’s NOT to love?” Exactly. But, there are certain features about the KidKraft Sparkle Dollhouse Mansion that makes it perfect for our family.
Ease of construction
When we received the box, my heart stopped. There were a ton of pieces and the instructions looked daunting. But, as I got started, I realized how organized everything was and how quickly the dollhouse could be assembled… which is a good thing since the children were standing over our shoulders bouncing with excitement.
In total, Bill and I were able to assemble the KidKraft Sparkle Dollhouse Mansion in about two hours.
This is not a little dollhouse. As a matter of fact, all four of my children can play together with this dollhouse, working side-by-side.
While size might make is a difficult fit in some homes, because our children sleep in bunkbeds, we had space in one of the bedrooms that was a perfect fit.
As for the weight, even though the dollhouse is large, it is not heavy. I was able to move it by myself from room to room without any strain.
With this dollhouse comes a wonderful invitation: to play, to dream, to develop your imagination.
I love toys that provide social interaction while fostering life skills. The children can role play daily life while developing gross motor (standing, sitting, kneeling, tip toes) and fine motor (opening the doors, moving the smaller pieces) skills.
The only things I do not like…
For some people, the size of this product would be a negative but KidKraft offers smaller dollhouses too. So, do not let that stop you. However, if I had to be pressed for things I did not like, this is what I would mention:
- The bottom door of the refrigerator is not easy to open. For a while, I thought it was stuck until I finally got it to move. I think this will work itself out over time and it is not a huge concern.
- Due to normal wear and tear during shipping, some of the paint was worn from the corners of the pieces but most of our pieces with damage were black and I was able to easily patch those spots with a permanent black marker.
- The spiral staircase will not remain in position. Maybe I did not screw it in place tight enough, but I have tried several times and it continues to spin. Again, this is not a huge concern. It doesn’t bother the kids at all.
- The plastic stand for the keyboard does not hold pressure well and was broken within the first 24 hours. I was able to fix it with super glue and black tape. Now, the break is barely noticeable.
Each of these complaints are minor issues and in my opinion do not compromise the value of the dollhouse.
Why KidKraft toys are worth the investment
As I was discussing our new KidKraft Sparkle Mansion Dollhouse in our Facebook community, a reader (Sabrina) said,
Yes, that’s the one we have and it’s pure awesomeness! She’s gonna love it! My daughter got it at Christmas and is now about to be 5 and still can’t play with the top level and she’s pretty tall. So there is plenty of room for growth on this one. She plays with it daily, one of the best toys we have bought so far!
Sometimes, we look at the price tag of a before we consider what the true value is. With KidKraft, you are getting more than a brand name. You are getting:
- safe toys and furniture with quality craftsmanship and unmatched durability.
- a limited and numbered item that has the capacity to become a priceless antique.
- fabulous customer service that is just a phone call or email away.
- the option to have your toy or furniture personalized.
- a toy that you child can grow up with.
Buy it now
Enter for a chance to win
KidKraft has generously offered to give a Sparkle Dollhouse Mansion to one of Meet Penny’s readers. To enter, please follow the steps in the Rafflecopter widget below.
Giveaways for physical products are only available to residents within the United States. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Review and giveaway products were provided by my sponsor and additional compensation may have been received but opinions are 100% my own. Facebook is no way affiliate with this review and by entering you hold them unaccountable for any legalities related to this giveaway. Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter using Random.org and will be notified by email. Winners have 48 hours to respond to the email or another winner will be selected.
Boost Your Income!
Sign up for the FREE email class and find your side hustle. Boost your income!