After four children, two neices, and a nephew, I think I have gotten pretty good at picking great gifts. While I doubt that I am an expert since children are each different, choosing gifts for young children has always been easy for me.
This year, these are the gifts I am recommending for children ages 4 years through 7 years.
Make cherished holiday memories with your little ones this season, with the Kids in the Kitchen Kit. It comes with everything needed for your child to bake decadent mini cakes and mini pies. Leave Santa something special, instead of the usual cookies this year. Make mini cakes and pies! Buy it here.
I have been looking at marble runs for a while and this one has the best ratings.
- Comes with straightaway rails, three spiral funnels and a seesaw for swift, stimulating fun
- Quadrilla is the Ultimate Marble Run Building Set
- Endless possibilities for 3-dimensional thinking, creating captivating structures
- Hape Toy finishes are all non-toxic, child safe and of the highest quality; Hape constructs their toys using FSC accredited wood products
- For ages four years and up
The PlasmaCar will make you the coolest parent on the block. Created for smooth surfaces, the PlasmaCar uses your child’s energy and motion to propel itself forward and backward.
Looking for a gift that is not a toy or electronic? How about a magazine subscription to Highlights Magazine so they are treated to a new gift every month.
Get it from Highlights.com.
Spot It Junior Animals
This looks like a super cute game that even little ones can enjoy.
- The smash hit game adapted for younger children.
- Each card has 6 colorful animals of different sizes. Between any two cards there is always one animal match!
- Develops attention, visual perception, speech-language, and fine motor skills.
- Includes 31 cards in a tin canister for 2 to 6 players.
Almost every girl dreams of a big dollhouse and the Sparkle Mansion from KidKraft will make those dream come true.
Our children love scratch art! Fascinating for any age, your child can discover a sense of amazement and use their creativity to make surprising things happen.
- Features 4 sheets each of Silver Scratch & Sparkle?, Rainbow Black?, Rainbow White?, and Scratch-Lite? Stained Glass Sheets.
- Stencil with over 30 amazing shapes
- 3 Show-off easel frames
- Medium and fine point stylus, 1 frame, instructions
Established in 1949, Your Story Hour produces dramatized audio stories to reinforce the importance of making good choices. Each story begins with a friendly intro by Uncle Dan and Aunt Carole, and the stories incorporate different voices with quality acting to draw the children’s attention.
LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System, Green
Leapfrog is not a stranger to my list of favorites. We have used the TAG system for years and the newest edition looks just as wonderful.
- LeapReader helps your child learn to read and write with confidence by teaching reading comprehension, vocabulary and listening skills
- Features a LeapReader, activity sampler, Learning Paper writing sheet plus download 1 Audio Book Bundle, 1 Music Album and 1 Trivia Challenge pack
- Works with LeapReader and Tag books* (a library of 150+ books, games and more). Sold separately. *Select Tag books only
- Teaches reading, comprehension, phonics skills, vocabulary, writing and letter forms
- Ages 4-8 years
Tinkertoys for tweens? Yes. Actually, anything related to construction or engineering is a great idea.
- Build a skyscraper, fighter jet, getaway car, or imagine your own heroic adventure!
- 150 durable, plastic pieces including spools, rods, wings, eyes, Super Tink buildable figure AND new panel pieces!
- 15 building ideas
- Sturdy box with lid for storage and portability
- Recommended for builders ages 3 to 15
JERICHO from Shatterpoint Entertainment
My children have loved watching JERICHO by Shatterpoint Entertainment and I am so thankful that we were trusted to review it. The first time I introduced them to the movie, I spread a quilt on the floor, dumped a pile of LEGO pieces, and added the minifigure accessories given to us by Shatterpoint Entertainment. I turned on the movie and watched the magic happen.
From the colorful pieces to variety of sizes and shapes, everything about the Very First Magnet Kit had the children intrigued and kept them playing as we talked about magnetism, opposites, and more.
Fundanoodle offers more than just educational toys. They have a variety of handwriting implements that are going to be very helpful since my active children have rotten handwriting. Lira will receive a huge benefit since she suffered from lack of muscle strength and did not learn how to hold a pencil correctly until a few years ago.
Need more gift ideas for young children?
I keep a running list of gift ideas when I see something terrific for young children on Pinterest.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.