Mondays. Bill’s alarm goes off and as he rolls out of bed, I try to decide if I want to pretend I didn’t hear it or get up. I am not the only one who struggles. Even though my children are early-risers, we spend each Monday negotiating over the smallest things because they struggle to get over the “weekend mentality” when we do not have school or household responsibilities.
But here’s a frugal family favorite that will make everyone happy. Cheddar slider burgers with grilled onions give your mouth a little pop that says, “Hey! Congratulations! You made it through Monday!”
And who couldn’t use a reason to celebrate on a Monday?
Cheddar Burger Sliders
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 8 dinner rolls split
- 8 pieces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 onion sliced but not separating the onion pieces
- Salt pepper, onion powder for seasoning
- Heat grill pan to medium-high heat or prep your outdoor grill.
- Form 8 patties from the ground chuck. Do not overwork the beef. Season both sides of each patty with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Place patties on the grill for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place onions on grill keeping the slices intact. Salt and pepper, if desired. Cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Before removing patties from the grill, add one slice of cheddar to each and allow to melt slightly.
- Serve on dinner rolls with your favorite burger toppings.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.