This Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice is comforting and ready to eat within minutes with very little prep.
Tuesdays are a super busy day for us as we have our homeschool co-op, grab lunch, go to the library, and run other errands. We are going from 8 AM until 4 PM, so I need something ready for dinner when we walk in the door. That is why I love my slow cooker.
For Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice, I put everything in the crock pot (except the rice) and go. When I come home, I make the rice, stir it in, and serve. So simple but yummy!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
- Olive Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt pepper, ground thyme, onion powder to coat the chicken
- 4 to 6 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 to 4 stalks celery sliced
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery or Mushroom Soup
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Place chicken breasts over oil and sprinkle well with salt, pepper, thyme, and onion powder.
- Put vegetables on top of chicken and pour soups over the vegetables. Salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for six to 8 hours.
- Before serving, shred chicken with two forks. Stir in the cooked rice. Serve immediately.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.