Last year, I made this Sweetheart Popcorn as a treat for our homeschool co-op Valentine’s Day class party.
My children loved it. The students loved it. Even the parents loved it.
But this year, when my children asked if I was going to make Sweetheart Popcorn again, I knew I had scored BIG TIME. Just call me “Mom of the Year.” I will wear my tiara proudly.
You will need popcorn and yummies to mix in and what you choose really depends on you or your kids. I used:
- Chocolate Teddy Grahams
- Nestle Delightfulls Milk Chocolate Cherry-Filled
- Heart Marshmallows
- Sweetheart Candies
- Red Candy Coating (just a little to drizzle)
- Vanilla Almond Bark (1/2 package)
- Lightly-salted Popcorn (about eight cups)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat well. Spread popcorn over waxed paper.
- Melt red candy coating. Drizzle over popcorn. (I recommend allowing it to dry at this point, but as you can see from my pictures, I didn’t.)
- Toss together with remaining goodies.
So simple but so cute! Sweetheart Popcorn is perfect for a Valentine’s Day classroom snack or gift.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.