This Saint Patrick’s Day, you can put something pretty on the table by having the kids make coffee filter shamrocks. This easy St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids makes a lovely centerpiece.
For this project, you will need:
- Shallow dish
- Food coloring
- Coffee filters
- Paint brushes or cotton swabs
- Waxed paper or plastic wrap
- Chenille stems
For our shamrocks, we used yellow, blue, and green food coloring.
While you want to mix each color with a little water, the more concentrated the colors are, the brighter your shamrocks will be.
Place a single coffee filter in the bottom of a shallow dish and have your child drip colors onto the coffee filter. They can also lightly touch the paint brush to the filter but should avoid rubbing the brush into the filter.
As the colors drips, they will spread and blend, making this a great way to learn how colors are mixed.
Do not completely saturate the coffee filter, but move it while it still has a few dry edges to a sheet of waxed paper or plastic wrap to lay flat and dry.
Once the coffee filters are dry, you can scrunch up the filter to shape a three-leaf or four-leaf shamrock. If your goal is to make four-leaf clovers, you might want to use scissors to make four small snips on opposite sides to make gathering easier.
Then, wrap a chenille stem around the center and twist it underneath to form a stem.
We stuck the bare end of our stems into a small mound of clay and dropped it into a vase.
Then, I added plastic, gold coins to hide the excess stems and clay. It makes such a festive centerpiece on the table and the children love knowing that they helped.
More St’ Patrick’s Day Fun
- Stenciled Shamrock Shirt for Kids – decorate a plain t-shirt with the Luck of the Irish.
- Host a Leprechaun Lunch – have lunch with leprechaun style.
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Jokes for Kids – keep them giggling all day long.
- St Patrick’s Day Party Printables – host a party for the children and decorate with these free printables.
- 50+ Shamrock Crafts for Kids – check out tons of shamrock craft ideas to keep the kids busy.
- Leprechaun Trap Ideas and Mischief for Kids – what’s St Patrick’s Day without a little mischief?
Boost Your Income!
Sign up for the FREE email class and find your side hustle. Boost your income!