My children often see me as the “teacher” mom and the “work from home” mom, but do they ever see me as a fun “ready for anything” mom? Probably not. But I am going to change and have the “ready for fun” pack waiting in my car to prove it!
I have been called many things in my life. “Spontaneous” is not one of them. I am a planner. The person who checks the calendar six months in advance. The mom with the routine in order to make life run smoothly. I am also the “not today” mom.
Mom, can we go to the beach.
Not today, but soon.
Mom, can we have a picnic?
Not today. Maybe next month?
Mommy, can we go to the park?
Not today because we have errands to run. How boring is that?!?! Determined to be the mom that the other kids in the neighborhood go home and say, “She is the coolest mom ever!” I packed a bag to keep ready in the car and checked my tires so that the “not today” mom is always prepared for some spontaneous adventures.
Ready Means Remembering Safety First
Being a Ready for Anything Mom means taking care of your car from the engine to the tires. You would not think of heading out on a spontaneous adventure without bottled water and a first aid kit. Neither should you leave without solid tires!
Regular auto and tire maintenance means your quick trips as well as long journeys will include a safe drive there and back. So, visit the Sam’s Club #DareToCompare tire event and get your vehicle checked.
Sam’s Club offers the best tire brands with a wonderful price-matching offer. If you “Dare to Compare,” bring a valid “all-in” quote from a tire sales and installation retailer to your Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center service counter.*
Tire brands for price matching at Sam’s Club include: Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich and Pirelli.
*Note: The quote must be printed on dealer/retailer letterhead and dated within the past 7 business days. The tire must be the same brand, same line, same load index and speed rating (service description) as the tire intended for purchase at Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club offers great prices on tires, but each tire purchase also includes the Tire Installation Package for purchasing members with the following benefits and services for as long as they remain an active member of Sam’s Club:
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Lifetime Balancing
- Tire Lifetime Rotation
- A Value Stem
- No Charge Tire Lifetime Flat Repair
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service
Ready for Anything Car Kit
Once your vehicle is serviced and ready for any-time fun, grab a bag or box and think about items your family would need if everyone decided to suddenly visit the lake or the park or where ever.
Inside my Ready for Anything Car Kit, I placed:
- sunglasses (because I can never find mine)
- sheet (for picnics, beaches, shade, etc.)
- first aid kit (because accidents happen even when you are having fun)
- wet wipes (for sticky messes and sanitizing surfaces)
- feminine hygiene products (because… you know…)
- umbrella (for those unexpected showers)
- comb and hair ties (because I have girls with long hair and boy who fail to understand that they occasionally need to brush their’s)
- dental floss (for tying the corners of my sheet to a branch as well as for the usual flossing of teeth)
- plastic grocery bags (for cleaning up our messes)
- disposable plastic gloves (for cleaning up the messes of others)
- baby powder (for sandy toes)
- tissues (because snot happens)
- flashlight (for nighttime trips to the beach or firefly excursions)
- inflatable beach ball (because it takes up little space and can be used at the park, pool, or beach)
- bubbles (because who doesn’t like bubbles?!?!)
- colored pencils and notepad (for those waits at the doctor or tire servicing)
- tire pressure gauge (because no one likes a flat tire)
Tell the “Not Today” Mom Good-bye
Take a good, long look at yourself in the mirror and consider how your kids see you. Whether it is good, bad, or “not today,” you can improve. I CAN IMPROVE. Let’s find that spontaneous spot where we can be fun mothers, prepare for anything.
Visit the Sam’s Club #DareToCompare event and pack your “Ready for Anything” bag today!
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.