Since I struggle to make good decisions when I am hungry, my goal is to keep great options available. With the Publix Snack, Share, Save, I can snack healthy without breaking the budget too. Savings at Publix are easy to find too, whether you use printed coupons or not.
First, let me share the healthy snack options I bought recently at Publix and then I will tell you exactly how to save big bucks.
Knowing myself very well I can tell you that if there is ANY junk food in the house, I will eat that long before I will choose a healthy snack.
I also realize that nutritious snacking options have to be in my immediate line of vision when my stomach rumbles because “out of sight is out of mind.” Instead of thinking about the apples I bought that are buried in the back of the refrigerator, my mind will hover over the doughnuts on the counter.
So, I keep fresh fruit in a bowl on the counter right under the cabinet where I store all the lunch box and snack time goodies for the kids and husband. I get a firm reminder of how to snack healthy before I ever reach for the cabinet door.
Then, in the refrigerator, I keep a supply of yogurt for late night snacks and breakfast on busy mornings.
Also in the refrigerator is a supply of fruit juices to use as a meal replacement and energy booster. I can definitely tell the difference in my energy level when I am not getting enough vegetables. These juices are an easy way to curb sugar cravings while giving me a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals.
Savings at Publix
So many people think of a supercenter as the best place to save, but NO! Publix offers super savings when you understand their coupon policy and take advantage of special savings promotions like the Publix Snack, Share, Save event.
For instance, you can save $5 on your $20 purchase of participating snacking items (listed here) when you share the Publix Snack, Share, Save event with friends! Visit the campaign website for specific rules but it is as simple as picking your favorite image, posting it to Facebook, and having the $5 savings put directly into your digital coupons.
And when you shop between September 24 and September 30, you will also be able to save $5.00 instantly when you buy $20 worth of participating items from PepsiCo, General Mills, and Unilever.
That means a combined $10 off ($5 instant savings and $5 digital coupon) when you purchase $20 worth of participating products!
- Yoplait® Greek 100, Greek 100 Whips or Yoplait® Plenti, Yoplait® 4 or 6 oz cups (Light, Original, Whips, etc.)
- Frito-Lay® 20-count mutlipacks
- Naked® Juice 15.2 oz
- Quaker Chewy® Granola Bars or Dipps Value Pack
- General Mills Fruit Snacks Value Pack
- Fiber One® Cookies
- Chex® Snack Mix
- Tostito’s 9 – 14 oz bagged snacks (except Baked, Simply & Artisan blend)
- Lipton® Iced Tea 1 gallon jug
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls 90 ct.
- Magnum® Core 3 ct
Publix Coupon Rules to Remember
- Use a manufacturer’s coupon AND a Publix store coupon on each item.
- Present dollars-off-total-order coupons from a competing store when your purchase is equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon presented. NOTE: Publix considers competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household.
- Use a competing stores dollars-off-total-order coupon with a Publix dollars-off-total-order coupon.
- Combine manufacturer’s digital coupons with manufacturer’s paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- Use percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- Request Publix honor a coupon you show on a mobile phone or device.
- Copy coupons or present coupons that appear to have been copied.
- Receive cash back at the end of a transaction involving coupons but will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
And, after all the savings at Publix are tallied and you feel like you need to splurge…
You can try my taco dip recipe for the slow cooker. Wait… did I say that?!?! Ha!
I know that snacking healthy can be expensive so I am giving you a chance to win $15 Paypal CASH to use for shopping at Publix. To enter, you must participate in the Publix event. Additional entries are optional.
Giveaway disclosure: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. United States only. Must be 18 or older. This is a sponsored giveaway ending on September 30, 2015. Winner will be notified by email and have 24 hours to respond before another winner is selected.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.