Stop wasting money on expensive stain removers. Use these homemade stain remover recipes to keep your kids neat and tidy.
With four kids, I have seen my share of stains. Dirty knees are just a part of life.
Thankfully, I don’t need expensive stain removers when I can pull a few items from the cabinet and scare the remnants of last night’s dinner right out of that shirt.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
For most stains, I just pour a little liquid detergent over the area, rub it gently, and toss it into the next load.
If some stains need extra attention, try one of these homemade stain remover recipes:
- 1/2 cup Ammonia
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Laundry Detergent
- 2 quarts Water
Mix well ingredients well and store in spray bottle.
For heavily stained clothing or stubborn stains on white cotton, nylon and polyester, try this recipe:
- 1/2 cup Liquid Laundry Detergent
- 1/2 cup Dishwasher Detergent
- 1/2 cup Non-Chlorinated Bleach OR Ammonia (not both as the mixture can be dangerous)
Soak clothes in washing machine overnight or until stains disappear. Launder as usual.
More homemade cleaners
Be sure to check out these other great homemade cleaner recipes:
- Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Homemade Dishwashing Powder
- Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Homemade Fabric Softener
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.