If you are homeschooling a child with ADD or ADHD, these resources will help you think creatively while educating your highly distractible child.
First, make sure you understand the difference between ADD and ADHD. I cannot believe I did not figure this out sooner!
Also, do you know your child’s learning style? There are 8 types of kids–8 types of learners. Which one is your child?
Homeschool Curriculum for ADD and ADHD Students
The key to teaching a child with ADD or ADHD anything is to keep their hands busy. That is why I love the following curriculum:
- Teaching Textbooks
- All About Learning Press
- The Mystery of History Volume 1 Second Edition, Audio Book Set (10 Audio CDs) with Creation to the Resurrection, Volume 1, Second Editon: The Mystery of History Series
- Shatterpoint Entertainment
- Skrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server and Classes
- Ultimate Brain Breaks
Educational Tools for Busy Bodies
Anything from Learning Resources will make education more active. I love their educational toys.
These are some other great products…
Also, be sure to check this list of 101 Math Manipulatives to keep those hands busy.
More posts about ADD and ADHD
- Dealing with Sensory Overload During the Holidays
- Love, Marriage, and Attention Deficit Disorder
- Essential Oils for Attention Deficit Disorder
- 4 Apps to Increase Attention and Time Management
Have a child with Autism? I have a resource page full of ideas for homeschooling a child with Autism.
Great Reading for Parents of Kids with ADD or ADHD
Books for Adults with ADD or ADHD
(…and those who are married to them.)
The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps
Boost Your Income!
Sign up for the FREE email class and find your side hustle. Boost your income!