The very first time I cooked lentils (which are very high in fiber), I chose this recipe from Recipezaar and was so surprised at how easy it was, not to mention yummy! You could serve it as a side dish with a grilled meat or as the main dish with cornbread.
Lentils, Garlic & Tomatoes
4 teaspoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb tomato, peeled and minced
1 cup dried lentils, picked over,washed and drained
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1) Heat the oil in a large 2 quart pot over medium heat.
2) Add garlic and cook until JUST turning golden.
3) Add tomatoes and cook down to thick, around 8 minutes.
4) Add lentils and 2 1/2 cups water.
5) Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
6) Simmer 30 minutes.
7) Add the salt and lemon juice.
8) Mix well.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.