Gathering resources from all over the internet and from our local library, I have pulled together a Thanksgiving Unit Study that I hope will be as much fun as the Pumpkins! Unit Study.
The Thanksgiving study includes free printables and four days of active study with each day focusing on a different aspect of the holiday:
- Monday ~ The History of Thanksgiving
- Tuesday ~ The Pilgrims & the Native Americans
- Wednesday ~ All About Turkeys (and their role in Thanksgiving)
- Thursday ~ Giving Thanks to God
Then, I have a list of projects that I will scatter throughout the week and probably through to Thanksgiving week.
Free Thanksgiving Printables for You ~
Thanksgiving Spelling Story (If you use the Word Search list for spelling this week)
Other Thanksgiving Unit Study resources ~
- Thanksgiving Videos from HISTORY.com
- Thanksgiving History Quiz from Family Education
- Preparing for Thanksgiving with an Autistic Loved One from Autism.About.com
- Youtube with searches for Mayflower, Pilgrims, Thanksgiving, etc.
More printables ~
- Thanksgiving Pre-K Pack from Over the Big Moon
- Thanksgiving word cards from Homeschool Creations
- Thanksgiving Preschool Pack from 1+1+1=1
- Turkeys Unit and Thanksgiving Unit from 2 Teaching Mommies
- Thanksgiving Tot Pack from Mamas Monkeys
- Thanksgiving Tot pack from Lawteedah
- Various Thanksgiving Crafts & Printables from Christian Preschool Printables
- T is for Turkey Multi-Age Pack from A Heart for Home
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.