Lira is supposed to be reading chapter books but I have a hard time finding books that interest her and an even harder time finding books that I would trust with her mind. My children love to read books, memorize them, act them out… So, I want to be very careful about what type of literature I am feeding into their brains.
When I was contacted about reviewing the Imagination Station series from Tyndale House Publishers, I was ecstatic! Even though I was aware of the fabulous Focus on the Family radio series, Adventures in Odyssey, I did not realize similar books were available in print format, and I knew immediately that this would not only be wholesome literature but books that would communicate Biblical and moral truths that reiterate what we are trying to teach our children on a daily basis.
But, the big test was… would these books interest Lira or even our younger children?
One day at rest time, I placed Book One, Voyage with the Vikings, in Lira’s hands and asked her to read while I took care of the younger children. I laid down with Ruble… and fell asleep. When I woke 20 minutes later, I was pleasantly surprised to find Lira STILL reading. Since, we have spent time reading these books aloud to the children and continue to give Lira time to read them alone. Everyone thoroughly enjoys the series.
- Book 1: Voyage with the Vikings ~ Cousins Patrick and Beth are sent by Mr. Whittaker back to the year 1000 where they search for a sunstone.
- Book 2: Attack at the Arena ~ The second journey takes the cousins to ancient Rome to find a silver cup.
- Book 3: Peril in the Palace ~ The friendship of Marco Polo saves the cousins on their mission to find Kublai Khan.
- Book 4: Revenge of the Red Knight ~ The children find three missing artifacts in Lord Darkthorn’s castle in 15th century England.
- Book 5: Showdown with the Shepherd ~ Patrick and Beth witness David fighting Goliath in the Holy Land in the tenth century BC.
- Book 6: Problems in Plymouth ~ The cousins are captured by Native Americans at Plymouth. (We are saving this one to read during our Thanksgiving Unit Study.)
*~* Two more books are coming soon! *~*
Visit The Imagination Station website for vocabulary lists, parent pages and more!
Also, please join me Friday for a Q&A with main author of the series, Marianne Hering.
These books are available at Christianbook.com, Barnes and Noble, and other great retailers. (Amazon.com has the books listing in their 4-for-3 promotion where you can buy three books and get one free!)
How would you like to win the first six books of this fabulous series?
All you have to do is leave a comment!
Legal mumbo-jumbo: I was provided a complementary set of the Imagination Station books for review by Tyndale House Publishers. Opinions expressed are 100% my own. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. This giveaway will close on Thursday, November 17th at 11:59 PM CST. The Imagination Station series winner will be selected by Random.org. The winners will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
This post is linked with love at Hip Homeschool Moms.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.