I had never tried keilbasa… and I was scared. Would I like it? Hate it? But, I saw this recipe on Taste of Home and decided to be brave because it just looked to good to pass up. I did tweak it very slightly because that is just the way I am… and I had a lonely-looking tomato about to pass its prime.
The results were fantastic. Spicy, smokey, but sweet. I loved it! I even reheated it the next morning and stirred in some cooked scrambled eggs. Yumm!
RECIPE: Potato Kielbasa Hash
- 4 baking potatoes scrubbed, peeled & cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach lightly chopped
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 5 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add spinach, tomato and bacon; cook until the spinach is wilted.
This recipe is linked with love at The Gooseberry Patch and the Mommy Club.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.