Whether the Easter Bunny visits your home or not, Easter can be a fun season as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and the freedom from sin that this victory makes available to us.
Our family loves to have Easter baskets and I think it is fun for each basket to have a theme. If you wanted to prepare a basket for your young learner to help develop their math skills, here are my recommendations.
- Garage sale labels to place on toys
- Play money coins
- Play money bills
Skip Counting Supplies
- Ping pong balls and paper bags (Toss the ball in the bags and add up the points by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s)
- Paper clips to use for place value or counting by various increments
- Erasers as a basic manipulative for counting
- Ice trays to drop marbles or bingo chips or for sorting colors
- Chenille stems to lace with beads and tag for skip counting
Pick a Pattern
- Jelly Beans for making patterns but also for graphing or probability
- Pom poms to sort in an ice tray or bowls using tongs
- Star stickers for fine motor skills and pattern making on paper
- Pony beads to make patterns in an ice tray or on chenille stems as well as for skip counting
- Sticky notes for marking math problems and pattern play
- Magnetic numbers to use on the refrigerator or a cookie sheet to make math problems
- Dice for playing printable games, basic adding, or learning to count
- Dominoes for number matching, learning to count, and recognizing value
Instruments for Measuring
- Measuring cups to use with sand or water can teach basic measurements and fractions
- Rulers for measuring and adding
Basic helps for learning
- Equation building cards for making math problems
- Math skills workbooks for use with dry erase markers
- Flash cards for memorizing math facts
This only scratches the surface of what you can do with these items and a quick trip to your local dollar store can provide even more resources for making math more fun.
This giveaway has expired.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.