I am mourning the loss of my pita chips. Are you grieving with me? If so, did you know you can brush brown rice tortillas and toast them? It is not exactly pita chips but it makes a nice substitute for my favorite hummus.
Part of our experimenting with different health solutions has been trying Essential Oils. The idea of cooking with essential oils amazed me and since hummus is not cooked, I thought it would be a perfect way to add essential oils to our diet without risking the loss of any vital properties by heating them.
Lemon & Garlic Hummus: Cooking with Essential Oil (No Tahini)
- 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 to 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserving the liquid.
- Place garbanzo beans, sesame oil, lemon oil, garlic, and cumin in food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the reserved liquid a little at a time, pulsing between each addition until your hummus has reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.