Blogging for Orphans is a group of bloggers, who are uniting together online to make a difference in the lives of children… orphaned children. I am very pleased to be a part of this project and pray you would carefully consider how your family can help.
Living in a land of privilege and instant gratification, my children are very spoiled… even if they do not get everything they want. We are always striving to keep a grip on reality through service projects our children can do with just a little guidance. If you are looking for an easy service project that will make a HUGE difference, keep reading…
The unfortunate truth about orphans
Orphans were never a part of God’s original plan for our world but you can see that orphans have a special place in God’s heart when explains what our religion should resemble in James 1:27:
Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Please, take a moment to meet some of the sweet children who call the Door of Hope Palawan orphanage home, remembering that we are instructed to care for them.
Blogging for Orphans has set out to accomplish 2 goals in this campaign for Door of Hope and we need your help to do it!
52 Filled Bags for Christmas in July
It is our goal to help in the Christmas in July program, where every July people fill TWO 1 gallon plastic bags for each child in the care of Door of Hope.
This year there are 52 children to bless (24 for boys and 28 for girls), at the Door of Hope Palawan. It is our goal to help fill these bags, so each child can have something to call their own on Christmas.
The bags are shipped from the host church in upstate New York on a ship for the cheapest shipping, which takes 3 full months. So, now is the time to make their Christmas special!
Here are two ways you can help meet this need:
- Fill Your Own Bag for An Orphan – Once you have registered for blessing a child’s Christmas, print Door of Hope Christmas in July Shopping List, shop and fill a 2-gallon plastic bag or use TWO 1 gallon plastic bags for each orphan you registered for and ship it to New York. (Address will be provided once you have registered)
- Let Us Fill Your Bag for You – If you have limited time and want to avoid shipping, while providing a Christmas bag to a child, you can donate $25 and the bag will be filled for you. You need to register to let us know the gender and age of the child you want to bless this upcoming Christmas. After you have registered for a child, please donate on the Door of Hope website for this need, which is below the registration form.
Please register and donate by July 15th and have all bags shipped to New York no later than the 18th of July.
52 Children Sponsored for a Year
It costs only $300 a year to provide food and education to each of the children, who call Door of Hope home. Blogging for Orphans would love to help meet this need but we need your help!
Here are three ways that you can help us make a difference in these orphaned children’s lives:
- Raise $300 to Sponsor a Child for a Year – As a family, you can work together to raise $300 to sponsor a child for a full year, in your family’s name. We have created a promotional form that can be emailed or printed that will help you share with family, friends, church members and neighbors about this life-changing campaign for Door of Hope Palawan. Every donation helps and nothing is too small to make a difference! You may want to have a yard sale, bake sale, lemonade stand or talent show that can help you raise the money to sponsor a child for a year. With a donation of $100, a child’s expenses are covered for 4 months and $200 covers these expenses for 8 months, while the $300 covers their expenses for a full year!
- Sponsor a Child for $25 a Month – That is all it costs a month to feed and educate one child in the care of Door of Hope Palawan, which is less than $1 a day. Our goal for Blogging for Orphans is to see all 52 of the children, who call Door of Hope their home, to be sponsored by the end of this campaign. Won’t you make a difference in an orphaned child’s life and sponsor one now? To do so, please donate on the Door of Hope website with the $25 a month option.
What else can you do to help?
View the list of needs
Want to do more for Door of Hope Palawan? The orphanage has many needs listed and appreciate the help from those who have a heart to serve where they can.
Share this information with your friends
We would love to see photos of all the wonderful things that your family is doing to help the children of Door of Hope Palawan. If you are on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and would like to share your photos of packing your bags, raising money for sponsoring a child or anything that pertains to how you are uniting with us to meet these needs, please use and follow the hashtag #blogging4orphans on all of those social media networks!
Connect with the orphanage
Blogging for Orphans | Door of Hope Palawan Campaign
Thank you so much for taking the time to consider this ministry with your prayers and gifts.
- Dollie of Teachers of Good Things
- Cassondra of Beyond the Cover Blog
- Lisa of Organize 365
- Vicki of the Vicki-Arnold Blog
- Aurie of Our Good Family
- Ticia of Adventures in Mommydom
- Sarah of Chores and Chatter
- Tabitha of Meet Penny
- Trisha of Intoxicated on Life
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.