Hey Mom! Are you looking for legitimate work from home jobs but aren’t interested in starting a blog or joining a direct sales company? I totally understand. That’s why I am brainstorming work at home jobs for moms just like YOU.
Why Work at Home?
Over the decades, I have worked inside and outside my home, and I have to say that working at home is much easier with four children to care for. Chances are, kids are part of the reason you are looking for work at home jobs for moms.
Maybe you need more flexibility in your schedule.
Maybe you are wanting to homeschool your children.
Maybe you just need to boost your income to make ends meet.
Whatever your reasons, know that you CAN do this. You can work at home, mom. You just need to think creatively about what you have available.
How I Make Over $100K a Year
First of all, you have got to know that I understand a thing or two about hobbies that make money from home. I have an extensive history of taking my current passion and finding a way to generate an income from whatever it is.
Over the years, I have tried it all:
- Selling kitchen tools at home parties
- Baking cinnamon rolls and freezing them for friends at Christmas
- Taking senior portraits for a fee
- Selling kids clothes on consignment (see my consignment tips)
- Cleaning houses (that didn’t last long!)
- Creating decorated gourmet apples for holidays
- Writing a blog (but we agreed not to talk about that)
- Hosting large garage sales
- Getting rid of clutter on Ebay (get Ebay tips here)
- and more!
Friends laugh at me because I know how to make money with very little to start. But my motto is… “Chances are if you have it, someone needs it.”
My Work at Home Income Buckets
Right now, my income comes from two sources:
First, it’s blogging. Sorry, but I have been writing online since 2008 and teaching others to blog since 2012. I would be dishonest if I didn’t include blogging as a source of my income. The fact is… the more time you spend growing a website, the more money you make. However, it takes time.
But the main source of my income – which generates $100K a year – is selling pictures of food and crafts to other bloggers.
How I Started
When my time was divided between homeschooling and three websites, I was struggling to write all of my own blog content. I discovered several groups on Facebook where others were selling pictures and blog posts.
Then, I hit burnout…. HARD. I was totally done with blogging and teaching other people to blog.
With four kids to feed and a standard of living that required two incomes, I needed a way to work at home.
As I have often done in the past, I looked around my house to see what I had available. One thing we always have is food because I cook three meals a day. And, I had an iPhone 7 Plus.
So, every afternoon before dinner, I would photograph what we were eating. I spent a lot of time observing other people selling photos, learning to use the DSLR that was getting dusty on a shelf, and taking classes on food photography.
Now, two years later, I have hired my mother to help in the kitchen on work days and my husband who edits food videos that we also sell.
Work at Home Jobs for Moms
Now it’s your turn to take an inventory of what you have available. Maybe it’s a skill or expertise. Perhaps you just have a lot of… something… to get rid of. Think outside your norm. Look over everything with a creative eye.
Let me help you get started by brainstorming a list of work at home jobs for moms. Or maybe we should call them “businesses?”
Some of these work at home jobs/businesses might not make you money right away, but they will pay out if you stick with it. Others have the potential to generate income immediately.
– Have craft supplies? Make craft videos or take step by step photos to sell to other bloggers in a content for sale group on Facebook.
– Are you an educator with Facetime, Zoom, Skype? Offer tutoring or lessons Or, sign up for VIPKid.
– Are you a musician with Facetime, Zoom, Skype? Offer tutoring or music lessons.
– Have audio recording equipment? Start a podcast, radio show, etc.
– Do you have design skills and a computer? Create printables to sell in content for hire groups on Facebook, Teachers Pay Teachers, or Etsy.
– Got an attic full of stuff? Clean it out, take pictures, and list on Ebay.
– Have a DSLR camera and know how to use it? Take stock photos and sell them to online collectives like 123RF.
– Do you enjoy writing? Offer your skills as a freelance ghost writer to bloggers or write ebooks to sell through Amazon for Kindle.
– Do you have editing software (like iMovie) and enjoy editing videos? Offer your services to help online content creators edit their stuff for YouTube, Facebook, or courses by marketing yourself on Fiverr.
– Like editing audio? Offer your services to help online content creators edit their stuff for podcasts or courses.
– Enjoy pinning on Pinterest? Become a virtual assistant and actively pin to a business or blogger’s Pinterest account.
– Are you organized and motivational? Offer yourself as a life coach or a professional listener. Yes, that’s a thing.
– Have lawn equipment? Take up landscaping for neighbors who are too scared to leave their homes
– Can you sew, quilt, monogram and have the equipment? Take orders for graduation gifts and wedding season or start an Etsy store (Classes for starting an Etsy store are available at CreativeLive.)
– Can you make wreaths, home decor? Take orders for home projects, seasonal projects, and gifts.
– Do you paint? Post pictures of your creations to Facebook marketplace and sell them.
– Do you have a stash of pallet wood near by? Create pallet projects to sell on Facebook Marketplace, Etsy, or Ebay.
– Are you good with graphics? Create clipart to sell on Etsy or Creative Market.
– Have a large social media following? Sign up for affiliate marketing with Amazon or Shareasale.
What Are Your Work at Home Job Ideas?
You CAN do this, Mom. Your perfect work at home job is just waiting to be discovered.
If you have work at home job ideas to add to the list, comment and let’s help some people boost their income. But remember, these should be income building ideas that do not require booking parties because we are working AT home. Okay?