This post is a sponsored conversation for TakeLessons.com. Thank you for supporting my sponsors.
If you are faced with the dilemma of wanting your child to learn something you cannot teach or perhaps want to get expert guidance for your child’s hobby, finding a tutor can be an excellent option. However, how do you find the perfect tutor for your child?
What to Look For When Choosing a Tutor
As I thought about what to consider when selecting the perfect tutor, I turned to my husband who is a professional musician and a public school band director. His advice includes:
- Find a tutor who is qualified to teach at your current student level and see you through to the next. If your tutor does not have the expertise to help you grow, your development will stagnate.
- Choose a tutor who is consistent with time management and punctual. Since most instructors schedule sessions in a back-to-back sequence, you do not want to be rushed by a late start.
- Select a tutor who is not only a master of the subject but also has good communication and demonstration. If your tutor is a genius but lacks social skills, your ability to understand will make each lesson difficult.
- Pick a tutor who has a personality that matches your learning style. A lot of frustration can be eliminated if your tutor is proficient in knowing how to motivate you in the way you learn.
- Find someone interested in your development and not just in it to make money. Being able to support a teacher while getting the help you need is a tremendous blessing for both you and the tutor, but beware of any tutor who is only looking for a payout.
How TakeLessons.com Can Help
TakeLessons.com has 7 years of experience connecting over 30,000 students with private music teachers, arts instructors and academic tutors. If the idea of researching the experience of a tutor is intimidating, TakeLessons.com can save you the trouble since every instructor listed must complete an extensive interview, training, and an annual criminal background check.
Other features of TakeLessons.com
– Over 30 lesson types available, including guitar, singing, piano, drums, violin, dance, acting, and academic tutoring.
– Lessons available in-studio, in-home or online (via Skype). Lesson prices vary depending on location and length.
– The most popular lesson package is Quarterly (book 12 lessons, get 1 free). Other packages include month-to-month and Flex (coordinate lesson times as you go along with your instructor)
– 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your first lesson, TakeLessons.com will find you another teacher, or refund all of your original purchase price, including the first lesson.
– No long-term commitments – switch your schedule, teacher or instrument type at any time
– Teachers available for all ages and all experience levels
To learn more, and begin searching for a tutor, go to TakeLessons.com.
Free Ebook & Discount to Help You Get Started
TakeLessons.com is generously offering a free ebook, Quick Guide to Getting Started With Music Lessons, as well as a discount code for Meet Penny readers. Receive 20% off music lesson or tutoring packages when your use promo code ‘PENNY’ at checkout! Get started now as this discount code expires on July 6, 2013.
Call 619-618-7487 to speak with a TakeLessons Student Counselor.