If you are facing a busy day and want a meal you can get on the table without a lot of effort, Crock Pot Roast Beef with Caramelized Onions & Mock Mashed Potatoes is a fabulous solution. Let the slow cooker do most of the work for you and then spend just minutes preparing a side dish. Love!
Crock Pot Roast Beef with Caramelized Onions
- Beef Roast any size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt pepper, and onion powder (to rub)
- Place olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker and place sliced onions on top.
- Coat the roast well with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Place on top of onions,
- Pour red wine vinegar over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for at least 8 hours or until roast is fork tender.
- Serve with au jus.
Mock Mashed Potatoes (Mashed Cauliflower)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Milk to reach desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower into pieces.
- Boil cauliflower in salted water for about 6 minutes. Drain well, blot dry, and add to food processor.
- Add garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper (if needed). Cover food processor with lid and puree.
- Add milk if needed to reach desired consistency.