When I was invited to a Mother’s Day tea party and given a paper bonnet, I also received a sweet card made with a scrubby sponge from a dollar store.
While the card has a printed piece of paper inside, bearing the words of a little Mother’s Day poem, the outside has an orange scrubbing sponge attached with a gold brad. Lira had drawn the stem and leaves for the “flower.”
The card reads:
To make a Mother’s Day gift fantastic,
I drew the stem and leaves for this flower of plastic.
I give it to Mom with this special wish,
May it help you scrub each pot and each dish.
Honestly, it is very cute but I think I would rather it not mention scrubbing the dishes. Instead, how about a poem that says:
I made this special flower to give to you today.
I drew the stem and petals as I planned what I would say.
Mom, you make my life fantastic with your very special way.
So, with love, I wish for you to have an awesome Mother’s Day.
Some other homemade Mother’s Day gifts
I went on a search for Mother’s Day gifts that could be created with items from a dollar store and these are the cute and homemade gift idea I could find. Some might be posted for other holidays but I think moms would be happy to receive any of them.
- Mini Sugar Scrubs from Sweets Makes Three
- Picture Vases and Jars from Better Homes & Gardens
- Stenciled Mason Jar Gift from Oopsey Daisy
- Ombre Bead Frame from Dollar Store Crafts
- Flip Flop Pool Noodle Wreath from Fox Hollow Cottage
- Wooden Clipboards from Brown Paper Packages
- Flower Pin Cushion from Dollar Store Crafts
- DIY Mouse Pad from Better Homes & Gardens
- Rosette-Framed Dry Erase Board from Saved By Love Creations