Last time I did a round of batch cooking, preparing 9 meals in 90 minutes, the temperature inside our home rose 5 degrees and the air conditioner could not keep up. As the summer heats up, cooling the house will only get harder and my power bill will rise. To defeat the heat, we plan only oven-free meals from June through mid-September.
Free printable June dinner menu
Gluten Free Options
- Substitute gluten free pasta in pasta recipes. The majority of Meet Penny readers recommend Tinkyada, available at Amazon.
- Use a gluten free soy sauce like Tamari Organic and Wheat Free Soy Sauce.
- Switch flour tortillas for corn tortillas of Udi’s Gluten Free tortillas.
- Instead of all purpose flour, use a Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- Use gluten free condiments. I have found a useful website for finding gluten free products.
Additional Oven-Free Resources
- Need more ideas for your slow cooker? Southern Hodgepodge has a FREE ecookbook for slow cooker batch cooking!
- Join me from June 17-21 for Five Days of Oven-Free Meals.
- Don’t forget to visit my personal recipe box and Pinterest boards for more delicious recipes.