I spent more Valentine’s Day single than in a relationship. I can only think of once that I received anything on Valentine’s Day before meeting Bill. Many of those nights alone were spent having a typical pity-party until one day something snapped inside my brain and I realized the advantage of being single.
You might not think about it this way, but let me assure you, my single friend, that there is so much more that you can do without a relationship than you can do in one. Consider these ideas:
- Have a Valentine’s Day party for your friends. Celebrate their friendship with a potluck dinner. Everyone can bring their favorite food. Only one rule, no frowny faces allowed.
- Make Valentine’s Day treats for the local nursing home or retirement community.
- Take a bag of toiletries to a local women’s shelter. Remember some games, bubbles or even a craft project for the children.
- Spend some time with an older person talking about their Valentine’s Day memories.
- Make a candlelight dinner for yourself.
- Sit with your Bible and some praise music, worshipping the One who loves you more than any other ever could.
Leave a Reply